Wednesday, February 24, 2010

2 Month Update

Bundled up on one of our many cold days!

Bath Time!

Brandy: So, it has been awhile since I blogged. I got caught up in mommy-hood. I had time to blog, but I was really focused on spending time with Orlaith before I had to go back to work. This afternoon I dropped her off at the sitter for the first time for a trial run. I have to go back to work Monday and I am not looking forward to it one little bit. I finally stopped crying long enough to type. I had no idea just how hard it would be to leave her. Wow.

This past month has been great. Orlaith is growing and changing everyday. She has found her voice and loves to make sounds... yells, shrieks, squeaks... all are adorable. She has also found her legs. She kicks them a lot more and pushes against things to try and stand up. Her neck control is pretty darned good now too. She loves to sit up, and even hangs out in the Bumbo chair for a bit. She has started sucking on her fist. She can't quite figure out how to get her thumb in her mouth, but I am sure that will happen soon. She also discovered the TV. If she sees the TV, she stares intently. If I turn her away she tries to turn back so she can see it again. If she can't maneuver herself around, she will scream. It is pretty funny that she is learning how to put up a fight for a little screen time at 2 months old. I think I might be in trouble! She LOVES bath time! Her favorite part is getting her hair washed. Orlaith finally stopped fighting her sleep during the day. She now is happy to take little naps in between feedings. She loves to sleep propped up on her Boppy pillow. She sleeps really well at night. She gives me a good 6-8 hours, gets up to eat again, and then she will sleep for another 3-4 hours after that! We are still using the co-sleeper. I think I am going to try out the crib tonight... maybe. She has been such an easy baby. I know I am super lucky. She sleeps and she really only fusses when something is wrong. She is such a little doll!!!

We took our first trip to Houston. I took Orlaith to my old office for a visit and we also showed her off at her Sip and See. Our friends Dawn and Tony rocked as hosts! Thanks a million!

I did decide to take Domperidone to help increase my milk supply. I have had zero side effects (as expected) and it has been working. I was previously having to supplement 2 oz each feeding, and now I am only supplementing 1 oz. I am hoping that I can eventually stop the supplementing. We'll see... I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Last Friday (the 19th) Orlaith went to the pediatrician for her 2 month check up. Dr. Linderman had nothing but fabulous things to say about her. She is doing great! She now weighs 10 lbs 11 oz (50th percentile), is 22 inches long (48th percentile) and her head circumference is 38.5 cm (48th percentile). We decided to vaccinate her on the alternate schedule recommended by Dr. Sears in The Vaccine Book. It puts the most important vaccines first. She will never get more than 2 vaccines at a time, and only one of the two can contain aluminum. It took me a while to sort through all of the vaccine hoopla out there, but this book is a lifesaver. So Orlaith got 2 vaccines last week- 1 was oral and the other was a shot. They gave her the oral vaccine first, and the shot second. I had her in position to breast feed when they gave her the shot. As soon as it was over I began feeding her and we avoided any crying! She was such a brave girl!

So Monday is back to work for me... BOO! I will be working 4 days a week with Wednesdays off. We are going to have one more trial run with the sitter on Friday. This one will be all day, but I am going to pick her up for lunch with the girls and then take her back when we are done. I am slowly working my way towards leaving her all day.


Post a Comment