Thursday, September 23, 2010

9 Months

Playing Wednesday Morning

My sweet baby girl was 9 months old on Saturday. Yesterday we took her for her 9 month well checkup. Everything went great. Orlaith has been right around the 50th percentile for head circumference, height and weight since birth. This time she surprised us and shot up to the 80th percentile for height! So now she is 28.5 inches tall, 18 lbs 6 oz and her head is 44cm around. We went ahead and got her a flu shot as well. I was pretty wishy washy about whether or not we would do it because of the egg component in the shot. I was allergic to eggs as a baby, and I did not want her to have a reaction. Her doctor assured us that since it was the first exposure to eggs, there would not be a serious reaction (if any). Other than a low grade fever, she has been fine. That could be due to teething as well. Her pedi said her bottom right front tooth is looking like it might make a debut sometime soon. I will miss that gummy grin! We also agreed that when she is 12 months, we are going to test her for allergies. I had horrible allergies as a child that triggered asthma. I had multiple cases of pneumonia. I don't want her to go through that. I also had some food allergies like milk, eggs and tomatoes. I eventually outgrew them, but I still suffer from outdoor allergies. Orlaith has been showing some signs of outdoor allergies. Boo! We are going to be proactive in knowing her allergens so we can avoid them and the side effects of exposing her to them. That makes me feel so much better!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! She is getting to be a big girl! Love her sweet face :)

    ReplyDelete