Monday, October 18, 2010

10 Months Old

Orlaith and Mommy after her 1st Carousel ride at the Texas State Fair



Mommy's Little Pumpkin

Wow... Orlaith is 10 months old today! Time just keeps flying by! She is constantly learning and doing new things. She is all over the place, and is a super-fast crawler. She pulls up on anything and everything, and will cruise on the furniture too. She has also figured out that certain stationary items can be pushed across the floor so that she can walk wherever she wants. Smart! She recently started using blankets, toys, etc... to cover her face and play peek-a-boo. This has now progressed into using her hands. If you ask her "Where is Orlaith?" she takes the cue and uses those teeny hands to cover her face. Then she will throw her hands in the air, while I exclaim "Boo!" and she giggles. Then repeat until she decides she wants to do something else. it really is totally adorable!
Her eating habits continue to be fabulous. Cauliflower is still her favorite, and she loves any veggie spiced up with some curry powder! She has also gotten to the point where she is seriously upset if I eat something and don't share. She will crawl over to me, pull up and stare at me eating. I have made it a point to always have something on my plate I can share. She LOVES anything mommy is eating!
She has been cutting her bottom front teeth at the same time. They have been sitting right under the skin of the gums, bothering her. I think they might have finally broken through but I can't quite tell. She does not like me to look or feel in her mouth, and she is not shy about letting me know how unhappy it makes her! We got her an amber teething necklace, which has helped with the pain tremendously. We also use teething tablets. I have resorted to ibuprofen only a couple of times. I like to avoid medicine as much as I can, but I am not going to sit there and let her cry in pain either.

Wednesday I am leaving Orlaith for the first time. I have to go on a business trip, and I will not be back until late Friday afternoon. I don't know how I am going to take it, but I can say that I am not looking forward to it, Plus, I have to deal with pumping and transporting my milk through airport security. TSA says it is legal, but why do I have a feeling that I might get hassled? Also, it is going to be less than fun trying to find somewhere clean to pump in the airport. I will report back on my experiences... good, bad or ugly!


0 comments:

Post a Comment