Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Introducing Our Baby GIRL!!!


Brandy: Orlaith Mughain Markey (pronounced Orla Moon) was born on Friday, December 18th @ 4:30 PM. She weighed in at 7 pounds 11 ounces, and was 20.5 inches long. We didn't get the home birth we were planning, but everything turned out for the best. After laboring at home without pain medication for 28 hours, I was only 3 cm dilated. At that point I decided to go to the hospital as my body was refusing to progress the way it needed to. With an epidural and TONS of Pitocin, they were able to get me to progress, and after 42 hours of labor Orlaith finally made her debut into the world. We came home Sunday evening, which was also my birthday. What a great present! Mommyhood has been wonderful. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!



2 comments:

  1. Congrats (and Happy Belated Birthday)!!! She is simply gorgeous! We enjoyed our little visit on Tuesday. You are looking awesome and Brian looks over the moon...parenthood suits you both! Have yourselves a Merry little Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Brandy! I just received your out of office reply after emailing you and was pleasantly surprised to see you had given birth. I'm so happy for the Markey family. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete