Monday, May 24, 2010

Stranger! Danger!

We went to Houston (technically Missouri City) this weekend for my cousin's baby shower. When we got there around 1 on Saturday, I let my cousin Wendy hold Orlaith. Within a minute she was screaming bloody murder, with tears streaming down her face. I thought she was just off of her normal schedule with the car ride and everything. I calmed her down and fed her. Throughout the entire day, and continuing until late that evening, every time I tried to let someone hold her, it would happen. Her bottom lip would quiver and she would look at me with big, sad eyes. If I didn't take her back immediately, the tears and crying would quickly follow. She would happily give people smiles from the safety of my arms, but she didn't want anything to do with them beyond that. I was reading this morning that around this time babies can start to show their first signs of stranger anxiety. I wish I had known that BEFORE this weekend!


0 comments:

Post a Comment