Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Roseola

Orlaith came down with a VERY high fever Sunday night. I took her temperature and it was 103.9! I thought the thermometer was broken, so I took it again with a different one and it was the same. I immediately called her pediatrician's office and left a message for the doctor on call. She called back within 5 minutes and instructed me to alternate generic Tylenol and generic Motrin (due to the recalls). Her fever finally broke 3 hours later. The next day, she was not interested in food at all. She was in pretty good spirits as long as I kept her fever down. She still ran a low grade fever all day though. About 2 she was fussy and wanted to be held. By 2:20 I noticed red spots all over her torso. I called the doctor's office and made an appointment to take her in. On the 20 minute drive there, the rash had spread to her face, arms, hands, legs and feet. My poor baby! The doctor confirmed that she had Roseola, and the rash was even on her throat. Luckily she seemed to be moving through the infection must faster than most babies since her fever only lasted one day instead of three.I kept her home again yesterday. We had no more issues with the fever, but she wasn't very hungry and just wanted Mommy to hold her. Her 8 month pictures are postponed until next week when the rash should be all cleared up. Here she is now, 8 months old today, splotches and all.




0 comments:

Post a Comment