Monday, August 23, 2010

Weekend Update with Orlaith Markey

We had a very busy weekend! Friday night we went to a going away party at the in-home daycare Orlaith attends. One of the little girls had gone there for 4 years (since she was born) and was leaving for school. There was a blow up water slide, food, smores and some karaoke to Hannah Montana. Good times!

Hanging out by the water slide

Saturday morning we got up early, and had breakfast tacos before heading to the grocery store. Orlaith loves going grocery shopping. She sits up big and tall in the cart, and plays with the balloon we tie to the cart for her. I have to be careful not to park the cart too close to anything, because she will reach and grab for just about everything. Her nickname when she does this is 'Grabby McGrabberson'. She always gets tons of attention, which she eats up!

That afternoon, we had Marlie's 1st birthday party to attend. It was so much fun! There was yummy grilled pizza, a teddy bear cake and Mother Goose entertained the kiddos too! Orlaith was super-duper tired when we got done with that, and she crashed hard! She woke up just in time for us to meet our friends Brooke, Greg and Georgia for dinner. Orlaith and Georgia are 3 days apart and it is so fun to get them together. After dinner, we hung out at our place and let the girls play. After that Brian and I watched the documentary Babies. I loved it!

Chasing bubbles at Marlie's party

Orlaith and Georgia

Sunday morning I made breakfast. Then while O was taking her morning nap, I made up four batches of baby food. New on the menu this week is figs, kiwi, green rice (sauteed onion, garlic, spinach and lemon zest pureed and mixed with jasmine rice) and a lentil/veggie mixture (onion, carrots and celery cooked with green lentils and vegetable broth). I love cooking for Orlaith. It is so fun to try new recipes and watch her adorable face as she tastes them for the first time. I am so proud of my good eater! She hasn't met a vegetable she doesn't like!

Sunday afternoon O and I went to mommy/baby yoga which is always a blast. This time we had friends join us for class - Ann & Ody and Veronica & Violet. We were all in a birthing class together last year and the babies are very close in age. It is always a fun time when we can get them together.

Once we got home it was time to get everything ready for the work week and day care. Whew! It was so nice to sit still... finally. Brian and I settled in to watch our Sunday night TV - True Blood! Have I mentioned before how much I LOVE that show? It is so brilliant! I slept great last night, with my sweet O baby snuggled up next to me. It is always the best way to start my day by waking up to her cute baby noises and the sweet, gummy grin!


0 comments:

Post a Comment