Monday, April 12, 2010

My Little Chomper

So, it is official. Orlaith cut her first tooth today! She has been having a very hard time since Friday... very fussy, not feeling well, crying. etc... I knew she was teething because I could feel 2 hard bumps on her gums. We tried Tylenol, Orajel and Teething Tablets. The tablets worked the best out of everything. I gave O a dose of Tylenol last night right before bed, and she only woke up to eat. There were no crying episodes in the middle of the night, and I didn't have to give her any more medicine. This morning she seemed to be in good spirits, which was a total 180 from this weekend. I checked her mouth and voila! Her tooth broke through! Now here is the weird part. It is way in the back of her mouth, on the top left side, where a molar would be. So I think my poor baby girl actually got a molar in before her incisors! The tooth is breaking through in 2 spots that are a little spaced out. If it is not a molar, then she is getting 2 teeth simultaneously. I will be able to better tell in the next few days as the tooth comes in more. My gut feeling tells me it is a molar. The other hard bump in her gums is an incisor on the top. That one has not cut through yet, but I will let everyone know when it does!


1 comment: