Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tooth Update




Orlaith's first tooth broke through a week ago, and then it just stalled out. She has mostly good moments, and random bad moments where she is in pain from the tooth. Teething tablets are still the one thing that helps quickly. I have had to give her Tylenol a few times. She also like cold items to chew on. We have a few of those refrigerated teething toys, and she is enjoying cold bottles too. Tomorrow O has her four month check up and vaccinations. I am giving her Tylenol BEFORE the visit this time. I am hoping she does well with these. I don't like seeing her feeling badly.

We took her 4 month pictures on Friday. She was in a pretty good mood so we got smiles! I have included a few that I like the most.
She also had a bad case of cradle cap this week. It appeared overnight and it was BAD. I mean the entire top of her head was covered with dry, flaky skin. It was even red and cracking in spots. My poor baby! We tried putting Olive Oil on her scalp. That helped for a few days, but it came back. So I tried a concoction that Teresha over at http://marlieandmommy.blogspot.com/ recommended. I mixed 1 TBSP of coconut oil and 5 drops of tea tree oil. I let it soak in on her scalp for 10 minutes and then washed with California Baby Lavender and Tea Tree Oil Shampoo. The flakes combed right out. There were lots of them so I had to wash her hair a couple of times to get all of them out. I repeated the process 3 days later just to make sure it did not return. So far, we are good! Thanks Teresha!


1 comment:

  1. she is so pretty! I'm glad the cradle cap treatment worked out

    ReplyDelete