Thursday, October 15, 2009

31 1/2 Week Checkup

Brandy: We just came from our prenatal checkup. We had to go a bit early because our midwife is at a conference next week in California. She promised to come back with lots of new books and videos for her lending library! Baby Markey is doing fantastic and so am I. My blood pressure was good. The baby's heartbeat was in the high 140's, and my fundal height was 31.5 cm - right on the money! We started talking about Vitamin K and the eye ointment after birth. I don't think I want any of that, but I am going to read up on it a bit more just to be certain. Dinah also gave me a sheet about the strep B testing. I don't have a problem testing for that since it has nothing to do with any medication for me or the baby. We will do that test at our 36 week check up. I also found out that Dinah does not like to do pelvic exams starting at 36 weeks like most physicians. She said they are uncomfortable and don't really predict much. If Baby Markey still has not appeared by 41 weeks, she will check me then. Of course, there will be checks once I go into labor as well. That is about it for now.


0 comments:

Post a Comment