Friday, August 14, 2009

La Leche Meeting

Brandy: Last night I went to my first meeting of La Leche League. I had heard about them before, but Dinah (my midwife) urged me to start attending meetings now to help make breastfeeding more successful. I was a little nervous, because I did not know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised. It was a nice forum to discuss questions and concerns about breastfeeding. It was a room of moms and soon-to-be moms who were all there to support each other. My biggest concerns are having experienced women around to help get me successfully started, and how to continue to be successful once I have to go back to work. I think the work thing has me more stressed out than anything else. They gave me some good options and ideas to work with. It is nice to know I have people to ask questions who have already been through it. There were also two women at the meeting who had babies with Dinah. They also LOVE her! I think it is very important for me to surround myself with people who understand my decision to birth naturally and out of a hospital, as well as breastfeed my baby. I believe these are some of the greatest gifts I can give to my baby. I love this child so much already, and I would do anything for my baby. I can't wait for that love to grow once he/she is here.


0 comments:

Post a Comment