Tuesday, September 8, 2009

97 Days Left!

Brandy: This weekend was a busy one. I was on vacation Friday, and Monday was a company holiday. So, I had a 4 day weekend to pack with activities. Thursday evening, we ran a few errands to look for items for the nursery. Friday morning, I saw a chiropractor for the first time. Her name is Dr. Durkee. She was recommended by a friend, and she is certified in several prenatal techniques. It is covered by insurance, which is a bonus! She basically adjusts me to help relieve pain, and to make sure everything is aligned properly so the baby has as much room as possible (which allows it to move into the proper position). I will be seeing her every two weeks until the end of my pregnancy, when it will increase to weekly visits. After that appointment, Brian and I interviewed another pediatrician. This doctor, Dr. Straughn, was really nice. The only thing I did not really like about him is that he does not give any leniency when it comes to vaccinations. He basically said if you want to spread them out, or skip them, you need to find another doctor. I don't know what I want to do yet, but I want to keep my options open. Plus, he is located in Medical City, which was kind of a pain. You have to pay for parking and the office does not validate. I have one more doctor to interview on Thursday morning. We will see how that one goes, and hopefully make a decision from there. So, back to our adventure... After we met with Dr. Straughn, Brian and I had lunch at Texadelphia. Yummy! We went and picked up his mom after that and headed up to Allen Outlets. I had way too much fun at the Carter's Outlet, while Brian walked his mom around to other stores so she would not see my purchases! I really LOVE Carter's. They have the cutest clothes, and if you sign up for their email list they send coupons ALL the time. On the way back from Allen, we stopped at Target, Costco and finally went to Dinner with Brian's mom. By the time we dropped her off and got home, it was almost 8. I had been running around all day, and my feet and ankles were showing it! My feet were swollen for the first time during pregnancy. I soaked in the bath for a while, and then propped my feet up in bed while I watched TV. By the next morning, they were back to normal. Saturday I took it pretty easy. In the morning I went to prenatal yoga, which I always look forward to. After that, Brian and I went grocery shopping. After that, I took a much needed nap! We stayed at home the rest of the day, cooked dinner, watched a documentary, and basically took it easy. Sunday we pretty much stayed home all day and took it easy too. Monday, I revved things back up, and tried to get some stuff accomplished before the holiday was over. Brian and I finally organized the guest room, and went through the closets of the nursery. They are now cleaned out and ready to be filled with Baby Markey's belongings! After that, one of our kitties started showing signs of a UTI, so we took her to the vet for antibiotics. She is very prone to UTI's and we wanted to nip it in the bud. Get better soon Pepper! Last night we cooked a new recipe for dinner - Rustic Lemon and Onion Chicken Breast with homemade Potatoes Au Gratin. It was really good! Needless to say, we did get a lot accomplished over the long weekend. I ordered the baby's bedding and matching nursery decorations. They should be delivered tomorrow. http://www.babysupermall.com/main/products/car/carc201bed4.html. To go with the elephant decor, I also ordered some prints of some pictures we took in Thailand to hang on the walls. We got a new light fixture for the nusery, and curtain rods for the window valances. I can't wait to put everything together!!! I still need to order the mattress. We decided to go organic, and Brian's mom has generously offered to purchase it for us! Thanks Joan!http://www.fawnandforest.com/designers/153/products/1924-naturepedic-seamless-organic-cotton-ultra-crib-mattress. Today was back to reality... I am ready for the weekend already!


Post a Comment